Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"The Most Important" Web Style Rule

I liked SpiderPro's "DO Use the first screen" rule. I find it very annoying when you visit a sight looking for specific information, and you have to navigate through three to four different pages or use the search command for the sight to even get close to the information you needed. For example, at work, I have to reference a website for ACLASS - an accreditation lab for ISO/IEC 17025 (Quality Control). In order to find the guides that I need that are listed on this sight, I have to usually search for them because there are no quick links on the first page that offer easy navigation. When quick links and sitemaps are presented on the first page, it saves the reader time and prevents them from straying to another website where the information will be easier to find. In revising my website, I kept it simple and included links to my essays and blog at the top of the first screen.

No comments: